The core principles of ‘McAuley CARES’ further aids the embedment of values and beliefs fundamental to the gospels of Christ.
- Compassion: Developing an awareness and understanding of those vulnerable in our local, national and international communities so as to develop an awareness of our role to help. Examples of this are the school’s fundraising efforts: Cafod, M25, Cancer research.
- Aspiration: To be the best possible person that we can be and share the gifts and talents granted to us to serve the “common good.”
- Reconciliation: Teaching students that peace is a sign of strength and creates harmony in society.
- Equality: Treating every member of society with respect and with equality. To ensure students have an understanding of the Equality Act 2010 and in particular the protected characteristics ensuring students under the legal framework of this legislation.
- Stewardship: To raise an awareness of the need to protect and preserve the environment as part of God’s plan for creation, for future generation.